Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Expectations......


Expectations

I didn’t expect to get a message from you that day¸ I didn’t expect to meet you the very next day nor did I expect to have so much to say……

That day….

Where do I begin….The feeling from seeing that “unexpected” message from you was a feeling I never suspected nor expected I could feel. Shock, Happiness, Nervousness and Excitement are the emotions that ran through my body all at one time…. a pause, a stare, a giggle, a laugh & then that thought of lets set up the “when and where”….and the “damn, what should I expect & what to wear?”
I didn’t expect our first interaction to cause this reaction or give me such a sense of satisfaction I feel I was lacking prior to our initial attraction….
They say always expect the unexpected but my unexpected is where we are now so maybe in my situation my infatuation has created such a revelation that I can say was never an expectation…..

To my recollection, I’ve never experienced such a strong connection that was more than unexpected which leads me to question what would have been different if this was all “expected”
Going forward, to say I don’t expect anything at all would be questionable but my expectations aren’t anything more than reasonable.

I expect  “respect”  the way I respect your intellect, your mental, your physical, your craft, your hustle, your motivation & inspiration, your experience, your grind…..in a nutshell your entire frame of mind.
I expect to continue to go with the flow and allow our connection to manifest and grow, all your thoughts, deepest passions, questions and feelings I want to one day know…

I am understanding of the life you live , the industry you’re in and work you do is demanding and when I say that word understanding, means I have a clear perspective on the fact that you have to be selective on how you spend the little time outside of what your job requires and even with the distance & different schedules, I’m still curious to see what transpires.



What I communicate is real, no “game”, and no “lies”. I’m not a pretender and as one of the most talented rappers I know, Nova once said, “I won’t surrender.”….So please have as much fun with me as possible when you see me, think about me & miss me sometimes, & last but definitely not least, handle my body like you own every part of it when you “loving it.”

I am expecting the unexpected without setting expectations….





No comments:

Post a Comment