Thursday, January 19, 2012

Inside S.T.I.L.E.T.T.O Marriage Nowadays....





Marriage Nowadays….
mar·riage

“The state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a legal, consensual, and contractual relationship recognized and sanctioned by and dissolvable only by law”- Dictionary.com

Growing up I’ve always thought of an amazing fairy tale wedding…a beautiful dress, flawless make-up, gorgeous venue reception, my closest friends & family, a wonderful destination wedding on the beach of a spectacular island & my prince charming and everything perfect! But that’s as far as I thought……

I figured that my thought process stopped there because I was young and didn’t understand fully the complexity of a long term relationship. BUT I am older now, wiser now, and well aware of the requirements for a long term relationship & what’s ironic is my thought process of an amazing fairy tale wedding still STOPS at the wedding on a beach.
I just don’t see the value of a marriage or better yet I don’t understand it’s purpose especially for my generation (Ages 22-30). I’ve befriended many males who are married and the things they do within their marriage is definitely not the NORM or criteria for a marriage.

What goes on in Marriage’s Nowadays……

Male: Get to know other females on a sexual level so when you’re wife doesn’t wanna give it up, you have back up.

Female: Forgive him for f*cking around on you because he is all you know and you vowed to stay for better or for worse and you’ve been cheating too so you really can’t be too mad. (deep down inside you know baby #1 ain’t his shhhhh) *MAMA’s Baby, DADDY’s Maybe!!!*

Both: Meet new people because everyone is entitled to friends but make sure you leave out the fact that you’re married! That’s NOT important.

Male: Falling in love with someone else is ok as long as you go home to your wife and pay a few bills here and there.

Male: Lying to your wife telling her you at work when you really at the bar with your “boo”, telling her you with the boys when you really at dinner with your “boo, telling her you at a corporate gathering when you really laid up with your “boo” is ok as long as she doesn’t find out because what she don’t know won’t hurt her!

DO’s
Never tell the truth
Write your lies down so you can refer back when they tryna catch you
Always use a condom because you can’t deny that STD or Baby on the way
Never slip and say names of who you f*ckin
Always have your phone locked and msgs deleted
Never tell your boo you are married and never tell your wife you have a female friend even when you mad
If you gonna cheat, make sure you go all out and have a plan B for when you gotta go home
The list goes on and on and on……..SO again why the helllllll would I get married?! Don’t get me wrong there are some marriages that are working with two faithful ppl, none that I have witnessed in my generation but I’m sure they exist.
But me personally when It comes to MARRIAGE I’ll pass!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment